Saddleback Pomeranian Geese | Farm Raised With P. Allen Smith

Thanks! Share it with your friends!

Check out more farm birds with Allen: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA46C272B15EF2B53&feature=view_all

Today, Allen shows you his beautiful Saddleback Pomeranian Geese, a wonderful addition to the farm and an important breed to preserve.

Have a question for Allen? He’ll be checking in regularly, so be sure to leave your comments and questions below.

A farm wouldn’t be a farm without animals. From sheep to chickens to donkeys, there are a lot of helping paws, claws and hooves at P. Allen Smith’s Garden Home Retreat. In 2009, inspired by a childhood spent on the farm raising and showing livestock and poultry, Allen Smith founded the Heritage Poultry Conservancy, an organization dedicated to the preservation and support of all threatened breeds of domestic poultry. P. Allen Smith is an award-winning designer and lifestyle expert and host of two public television programs, P. Allen Smith’s Garden Home, P. Allen Smith’s Garden to Table and the syndicated 30-minute show P. Allen Smith Gardens.

More from Allen: http://www.youtube.com/pallensmith

Incoming search terms:

• potjh6

Comments

muscovy duck&chicken breeder says:

I love the saddleback Pomeranian geese I have a breeding pair of them picked them up the 27th of march so they are now 10 days old so hopefully they will grow into beautiful young geese. I have 1 male and 1 female I know because they are the same age and the male is twice her size so hopefully we have a breeding pair because I will never find another saddleback Pomeranian geese gander so hopefully we have a breeder.

justtobreathe says:

I have one of these, pretty sure I have a gander though. It's about 6months old and it has become very very aggressive and territorial. :(

Victoria Kam says:

that goose was such a cute lil derp!

Sarah H says:

Beautiful birds. I love the saddleback pattern. Another breed that has the saddleback is the Shetland goose except they also have a sex-linked color gene so the males are white with just a touch of grey. The females have the saddleback in the Shetlands though. I have Pilgrim geese myself and am particularly interested in the sex-linked colors.

Noelle Matzek says:

I love my Pomeranian goose! I would love to breed, but will need a mate. Do you sell/ship goslings? I'm on Instagram @chitigirl. Check out #pomeraniangoose on Instagram :)

ray raye says:

I hope you don't eat them ?

mckenzie white says:

pomeranian saddleback

mckenzie white says:

we have a gaggle of geese (5)

Lois Brynes says:

Hi, This was great to see. I saw a Saddleback just off the road with munching around with a Canadian Goose. It took LOTS of time to find the breed. I've NEVER seen one up this way before. I live in Rockport Massachusetts. Are there any of this breed NORMALLY in New England????????

Nettie Jacobs says:

I live in Western Montana (very cold winters), can you tell me a few Duck and Geese breeds that might do well here?

PYPKS2010 says:

Allen can you do a video on growing fodder for chickens.

Ultra Kirbyfan says:

i have one of these

Tomas Wilson says:

whats the temperament/personality like in comparison to other geese?

smellyfootopia says:

i have a saddle back female and an embden male. i have one of their babies and another one on the way. so far since she has started laying she has given me roughly 30ish eggs that i didnt hatch out.

Write a comment